credit report information
Credit Report Information
If you have a reason to believe that the information in your credit report from the Credit Bureau is inaccurate, you may lodge a data verification request directly to participating financial institutions (for loan account information) or to Bank Negara Malaysia (for borrower information) via eCCRIS. The participating financial institution or Bank Negara Malaysia is required to rectify any inaccurate or incomplete information by sending the amendment(s) to the Credit Bureau to reflect the latest credit position of the borrower.
In the event that you are not satisfied with the explanation given by the participating financial institution, or the participating financial institution delays in updating the information despite the borrower having submitted all the necessary documents, you may request for a data review from Bank Negara Malaysia.
How to Request for Data Review via eCCRIS
If there are inaccuracies in your credit report(s), you may lodge a data verification request directly to participating financial institutions or to Bank Negara Malaysia via eCCRIS by following the steps below:
- Retrieve current credit report at https://eccris.bnm.gov.my/;
- Select relevant borrower or loan account information;
- Provide key details of disputed items and attach relevant supporting documents; and
- Submit request and it will be automatically directed to participating financial institutions or to Bank Negara Malaysia.
How to Request for a Data Review from Bank Negara Malaysia
Request for Data Review (RDR) Form can be downloaded here [PDF, 23K]. Please identify disputed items in the credit report and explain why the information is disputed.
- For personal collection, please complete and submit the RDR form at LINK; and
- If you are from outside of Klang Valley, you can submit the completed RDR form to the following:
LINK and BNM Offices
Bank Negara Malaysia
P.O Box 10922
50929 Kuala Lumpur
Fax No: +603 2174 1515
The Credit Bureau will investigate and notify the participating financial institution that had provided the information in dispute together with all relevant data and documents. The investigation and remedial process will normally take about two to four weeks to be complete. You will be notified of the outcome of the investigation. In the event that the disputed information is confirmed accurate, you are advised to refer the matter to the respective participating financial institution for updating.